Pride in the past
We believe that young people are strengthened by history and diversity, so the 150 year old heritage of St Peter’s Woodlands is a daily source of pride and respect for students and staff.
The Parish Day School of St Peter’s Glenelg opened in 1863, less than 30 years after the state was settled. It became St Peter’s Glenelg Anglican Grammar School, and for more than a century catered for the education of children in the Glenelg area.
In 1998 Woodlands Girls School closed, providing an opportunity for St Peter’s Glenelg to acquire the Partridge Street site and move its independent operation to this much larger campus.
That visionary decision created the new school of St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School in 1999, one of South Australia’s leading independent providers of early learning and primary education.