At St Peter’s Woodlands we aim to provide an education which integrates sound Christian values, the belief in the uniqueness of each child and a balanced program of activities designed to give our students the best possible start in developing the life skills, the confidence and the ability to succeed.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, independent, Co-educational Early Learning to Year 7, Anglican Primary School please follow the steps below.
Current Employment Opportunities
Front Office Receptionist
St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School (SPW) is a thriving independent school with a history of over 140 years. Accredited as an IBO World School, SPW provides a holistic education for more than 750 students from two years of age through to Year 7.
At SPW we aim to provide an education which integrates sound Christian values, the belief in the uniqueness of each child and a balanced program of activities designed to give our students the best possible start in developing the life skills, confidence and ability to succeed.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented individual to take on the integral role of Front Office Receptionist. This is a full time (1.0) permanent role working for 44 weeks per year. This is a Level 2 position. The successful applicant will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, 8.15am – 4.30pm with a 45 min break, during school terms and in some school holidays.
Key Responsibilities/Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Undertake receptionist duties providing a courteous and professional front line service to students, parents, incoming callers and visitors by directing them accordingly, taking messages, maintaining visitor sign in sheets and assisting as much as possible.
- Manage School attendance systems, ensuring accurate records are maintained and absentees are followed up in a timely manner
- Enter data accurately using the School’s administration package and maintain the School directory
Provide general administrative support to the School as a key member of the Administration Team, including, but not limited to photocopying, word processing, laminating and preparation of parent correspondence
- Assist with the SPW Volunteer Program as required
- Act as the Senior First Aid Officer, providing First Aid care to students, staff and visitors as required.
- Including keeping medical files up to date and maintaining stock level of First Aid supplies
- Ordering of School supplies and purchase orders
- Further detail in relation to key responsibilities/duties is detailed in the job description
To be successful in the role applicants will have:
- Demonstrated high level customer centred service skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own time independently and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Demonstrated competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (eg Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated high level of speed and accuracy with data entry
- Demonstrated ability to present positively and confidently at all times
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and prioritise workload
- A demonstrated ability to work in a busy and complex environment
- A demonstrated desire to work with and enjoy the company of children
- Worked in a school environment
- Current DCSI Clearance
- Current First Aid Qualifications
- Successful completion of Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, Independent Co-educational Primary School, please apply by emailing your application to [email protected].
Please ensure you attach both a covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses your suitability for the position and the particular qualities you would bring to SPW. A current Curriculum Vitae and the contact details of two referees is also required.
Enquiries and applications directed to:
Acting Director of Human Resources
St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School
Email: [email protected]
Applications close: Thursday 1 October 2020
Relief Teaching, Education Support, Early Learning Co-Educator, OSHC Assistants, Sports Coaching
If you would like to be considered for Temporary Relief Teaching work at our School, your Curriculum Vitae, together with suitable references, may be forwarded to:
Director of Human Resources
St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School
39 Partridge Street
GLENELG SA 5045
Or via e-mail: [email protected]
Successful applicants will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School’s Child Protection policies and procedures.
We will nurture our students to be happy, knowledgeable and creative young people who care for others and make a positive difference in the world.